- Acquired F LeBron James in a sign-and-trade deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers, sending two future first-round draft picks and two future second-round draft picks in return for James. James agreed to a six-year, $110 million contract*.
- Acquired F/C Chris Bosh in a sign-and-trade deal with the Toronto Raptors, sending two 2011 first-round draft picks in return for Bosh. Bosh agreed to a six-year, $110 million contract*.
- Traded F Michael Beasley to the Minnesota Timberwolves in return for a future second-round draft pick.
- Traded G Daequan Cook and their 2010 first-round draft pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder in return for a 2010 second-round draft pick (C Dexter Pittman).
- Re-signed G Dwyane Wade to a six-year, $107.5 million contract*.
- Signed G/F Mike Miller to a five-year, $30 million contract.
- Signed C Joel Anthony to a five-year, $18 million contract.
- Re-signed F/C Udonis Haslem; terms of the contract have not been disclosed. Haslem reportedly turned down offers from the Dallas Mavericks and Denver Nuggets worth much more than Miami's offer.
- Signed C Zydrunas Ilgauskus to a two-year, $2.8 million contract with a player option after the first season.
- Re-signed C Jamaal Magloire to a one-year deal for the veteran minimum salary (approximately $1.4 million).
- Signed F/C Juwan Howard for the veteran minimum salary, length of the contract has not been disclosed.
- Signed C Dexter Pittman to a three-year deal. The amount of the contract has not been disclosed, but second-round picks typically earn around $450,000 (not guaranteed) to start.
- Re-signed PG Carlos Arroyo. Terms of the contract have yet to be disclosed.
- Re-signed F/C Shavlik Randolph. Terms of the contract have yet to be disclosed.
- Re-signed G Kenny Hasbrouck.Terms of the contract have yet to be disclosed. Hasbrouck is the 15th player on the Heat roster, filling the final spot on the team.
- Bought out F James Jones contract for $1.86 million, freeing up cap space for the Heat and making Jones an unrestricted free agent.
- Drafted C Dexter Pittman (Texas), F/C Jarvis Varnado (Mississippi State) and F Da'Sean Butler (West Virgina) in the second round of the 2010 NBA Draft.
*Wade, James and Bosh all have the ability to opt out of their contracts after the 2014 season. All three players took in excess of $15 million worth of pay cuts each in order to free up cap space to fill the remainder of the Heat roster.
* * *Projected Starting Roster
- PG - Mario Chalmers
- SG - Dwyane Wade
- SF - LeBron James
- PF - Chris Bosh
- C - Zydrunas Ilgauskus
- PF - Udonis Haslem
- SG - Mike Miller
- C - Joel Anthony
- C - Jamaal Magloire
- SF - James Jones
- PF - Juwan Howard
- PG - Carlos Arroyo
- C - Dexter Pittman
- PF - Shavlik Randolph
- PG - Kenny Hasbrouck