- By the score of 99-95, the Miami Heat secured their ninth straight victory with just four games left in the regular season.
- The Heat now hold the longest active win streak in the entire league, followed by the San Antonio Spurs, which have won four in a row.
- With an Atlanta Hawks loss, the third and fourth seeds in the East are now up for grabs between them and the Boston Celtics; Assuming that the Heat hold on to the fifth seed, this will determine who Miami will play in the first round.
- Miami's stays home for their Friday match-up versus the Detroit Pistons. Tipoff is at 7:30 PM.
- Having to dig into extra innings, the Marlins avoided a complete late-game collapse in New York and posted their first win of the 2010 season.
- Ricky Nolasco had a decent showing, pitching 6.2 innings and allowing three earned runs, but the bullpen blew the lead and prevented Nolasco from obtaining his first win.
- The Marlins bullpen continued to struggle with a sub-par performances by Renyel Pinto, Jose Veras, and Leo Nunez, who combined for six walks, three hits and three earned runs. Tim Wood closed the door with a solid 10th inning.
- Ronny Paulino came through for the Fish in the 10th inning, driving in the go-ahead run to win the game. Hanley Ramirez, Jorge Cantu and Dan Uggla all chimed in with solo home runs.