- By the score of 98-81, the Miami Heat defeated the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night to secure their sixth straight victory.
- Michael Beasley was Miami's leading scorer, posting 28 points, 9 rebounds, and shooting 50% from the field.
- Dwyane Wade took a back seat as Miami cruised to victory, only playing 27 minutes and contributing 10 points to the total score.
- The Heat shot 57% from behind the arc and dropped 12 three-pointers in the process, led by Quentin Richardson and Dorell Wright (four each).
- Miami's next game is Friday night at the Indiana Pacers. Tipoff is at 7:00 pm and coverage can be found on Sun Sports.
- The Miami Dolphins released the preseason schedule yesterday afternoon, opening up against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Sun Life Stadium.
- The remaining schedule includes an away game versus the Jascksonville Jaguars, home game against the Atlanta Falcons and away game against the Dallas Cowboys.
- Kickoff to the Dolphins preseason is set to take place between August 12 through 16, game time is to be announced at a later date.
- The Florida Marlins announced their 5-man pitching rotation yesterday as follows: Josh Johnson, Ricky Nolasco, Anibal Sanchez, Chris Volstad, and Nate Robertson.
- Newly acquired Nate Robertson comes from the Detroit Tigers after a 2 wins, 3 losses season where he recorded a 5.44 ERA.
- Cody Ross may not be on the Marlins active roster to open up the season after a calf injury that may land him on the disabled list.
- Mike Lamb and Brian Barden made the final cuts to round out the Marlins complete roster after surviving Spring Training.
- Two-time Gatorade National Player of the Year and local high school hoops phenom Brandon Knight dazzled once again on the big stage as he drained a buzzer-beater to win the game at the McDonald's All-American invitational.
- While Knight posted an uncharacteristic nine points, he still was able to showcase his versatile skills among the best high school basketball stars in the country.
- Knight is expected to announce his college plans in the next few weeks with Kansas, Kentucky, Florida, Connecticut or Syracuse as the likely suitor.