- The Miami Heat head home to face the Indiana Pacers, tipoff is at 7:30 PM EST. Miami is 2-0 against the Pacers this season and looks to continue that streak tonight. The Heat are currently one game above .500 (20-19).
- Dwyane Wade and Alonzo Mourning teamed up off the court once again to raise funds for Haiti. Latest fund raising numbers showed that the duo had accumulated approximately $800,000 in donations.
- Miami makes a quick pit stop at home before heading back on the road for the next to games (in Charlotte and Washington). Thirteen of the next 20 games played by the Heat will be on the road.
- Say farewell to Land Shark Stadium and welcome Sun Life Stadium. The Miami Dolphins struck a five-year deal with the Canadian financial group, Sun Life Financial, just in time for Pro Bowl 2010 and Super Bowl XLIV.
- The Dolphins only need to fill the vacancy for their defensive coordinator spot after signing Bill Sheridan as their inside linebacker coach. Initial interest in seasoned veteran Al Groh dissipated after he chose to be the defensive coordinator of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Sources say that Miami's new focus is on former Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan.
- Speculation that Dan Uggla would depart the Florida Marlins, along with Jeremy Hermida and Matt Lindstrom, was stunted when the second baseman agreed to a one-year, $7.8 million deal to stick with the Fish.
- Earlier last week, the Marlins signed their pitching ace Josh Johnson to a four-year, $39 million contract after complaints from the league that the Marlins were taking advantage of the revenue sharing system.