- With six seconds left on the clock, the Monday Night Football game was decided by the Dolphins finishing things off the way they started - dominating with the Wild Cat.
- The victory pulls Miami to a 2-3 record with a 2-0 division record, leaving them only one game behind the Jets and Patriots for the AFC East lead.
- Chad Henne had a 130.4 passer rating and threw for over 240 yards and 2 TDs - the best QB performance a staunch Jets have allowed all season.
- The Wild Cat was run over 20 times throughout the game and accounted for most of Miami's success in the running game.
- Now the Dolphins have a bye week, but then must come back to face the high octane offense of the New Orleans Saints.
- After Saturday's victory over the Florida A&M Rattlers, the Miami Hurricanes moved up in the national rankings from #11 to #9.
- QB Jacory Harris threw for 217 yards on 24 attempts, completing 16 of them and throwing two touchdowns and interceptions. Harris was benched after the first half after a 31-point rout that had been mounted on the Rattlers.
- RB Damien Berry ran for over 160 yards, with his longest run being of 49 yards, and scored a TD in the process.
- Miami is now 4-1 and looks forward to an upcoming match-up versus their instate rivals, the UCF Knights.
- The Florida Panthers fell to the Tampa Bay Lightning Monday night in a 3-2 loss - they are now 1-4-0 to start off the season.
- The Panthers began the season with a shootout victory in Helsinki against the Chicago Blackhawks.
- With high expectations prior to the season's start, the Panthers look to rebound against the Philadelphia Flyers Friday evening at the BankAtlantic Center.
- The Miami Heat addressed the need for a veteran point guard by signing Carlos Arroyo Monday afternoon, whom was playing overseas in Israel for Maccabi Tel Aviv BC - he is a graduate of Florida International University.
- Sunday marked the third loss for the Miami Heat as they continued their winless preseason by dropping another one to the San Antonio Spurs.
- G Dwyane Wade and C Jermaine O'Neal did not play against the Spurs due to rib and foot injuries respectively.
- Jamaal Magloire will not be available for the season-opener after being suspended by the NBA for his involvement in an altercation during the Heat-Pistons preseason game on October 5th.