Miami Sports Generation has officially created its first annual head-to-head fantasy football league via Yahoo! Sports. This league is absolutely free and will not contain any friendly wagers or online betting. We would like to thank everyone that joined our league and wish them the best of luck during the season. The standings and major updates will be maintained on the right sidebar of our website.
A total of 12 spots have been filled by readers, fans and friends and their names and team aliases have been posted below. So, get ready for some quality football (at least in the fantasy realm), as we embark on an epic battle for bragging rights to...Miami Sports Generation's first annual fantasy football league - at least we can pretend it's important. Remember, this is 100% free and there won't be any insider bets, for that you can find some sites to go bet on football. Read below for league details.
- A live online draft will be held on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 7:45 pm (DRAFT RESULTS ARE IN).
- Top 6 teams advance to the playoffs which will be held weeks 14, 15 and 16.
- Week 10 is Rivalry Week. Your Opponent for that week will be someone close to you in the standings.
- All trades will be reviewed by a league vote. Managers have 2 days to protest pending trades. The trade deadline is November 20th.
- Can't cut list will be in effect. It will be removed to drop a player on a case by case scenario (Injury, Lack of performance for an extended period of time, etc).
- 5 bonus points are awarded to a QB who throws for over 310 yards, a RB who rushes for 175 yards and a Receiver who gains 160 yards.
- 1st place winner will receive a Miami Sports Generation T-shirt, Their choice of a Miami Sports Generation Beer Stein, Travel Mug or Coffee mug and a Miami Sports Generation Bumper Sticker.
- 2nd place winner will receive thier choice of a Miami Sports Generation T-Shirt, Beer Stein, Travel Mug or Coffee Mug and a Bumper Sticker.
- 3rd place winner will receive a Miami Sports Generation Bumper Sticker (Hey, it's better than nothing)
- If one of the MSG writers were to finish 1st, than the 2nd place winner would receive the 1st place prize and the 3rd place winner would receive the 2nd place prize.
- If they finish second, the 3rd place winner will receive the 2nd place prize.