When is it not always a good thing to finish first? When you're the Miami Dolphins. After an improbable season and a division championship, the Fins have won the Grand Prize of having the Hardest Schedule in the NFL for the 2009 season.
The NFC South was the best division in the league last year. The AFC East was the best division in the AFC last year. The AFC South was the Third Best division in the league. Throw those three divisions in along with the return of Tom Brady, the Super Bowl Champions and the AFC West Champions, and you get the 2009 Schedule for the Miami Dolphins.
Even though the NFL has not released its official schedule, they do have a system that they follow. So, here are our 2009 opponents and their 2008 record:
- Pittsburgh Steelers - (12-4) - Super Bowl Champions
- San Diego Chargers - (8-8) - AFC West Champions
- Carolina Panthers - (12-4) - NFC South Champions
- Tennessee Titans - (13-3) - AFC South Champions
- Atlanta Falcons - (11-5) - Playoff Team
- Indianapolis Colts - (12-4) - Playoff team
- New England Patriots - (11-5)
- New York Jets - (9-7)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - (9-7)
- New Orleans Saints - (8-8)
- Houston Texans - (8-8)
- Buffalo Bills - (7-9)
- Jacksonville Jaguars - (5-11)
If the Dolphins don't improve significally this offseason, they can easily fall from the top.